Friday, June 19, 2009

Frugal Family Garage Sale Fun

Is it just me or are you finding some steals at garage sales this year? I've also noticed an abundance of sales to choose from, so if you don't like the price and they won't budge you'll probably find it else where. I finally found a blender for a $1, mine bit the dust. In the past weeks I saw a couple and were $5 and wouldn't go down any farther. My patience paid off and I was happy to hand over a $1.00. After a thorough scrub it's looking good as new.

My toddler has grown accustomed to playing with toys at a garage sale and saying goodbye to them when it's time to leave. But we've been able to pick up a few items that have been such a blessing, and boy am I stocking up on clothes for the little man.

My favorite finds this year in clude:

Play Shopping Cart.


Water Table

Dora DVDs and books (my son's in love with her, I'm trying not to push the Dora thing but he's certainly taken a liking to her)

A Whole Set of Cloth Diapers

And my favorite find of the season.......a food processor, my life just got a whole lot easier!
So what have you found this year? I'd love to hear all about it. I guarantee I'll be excited for you.

Patiently awaiting your comments!
Erica

2 comments:

  1. I love the water table! I've been on the lookout for one of those. My steal of the year thus far was the square trampoline with handle for $8. Gabe loves to jump high on it! I also bought a 9 cubby shelf in great shape for $5 at the Ft Riley sales...couldn't believe it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erica- If you do end up moving over seas again, we would be happy to purchase the "water table" from you. Let me know! lol

    Lacey

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Let me know what you think.