I looked down at my wedding ring the other day and I was appalled at how dirty it was. It was definitely ready for a good clean. Honestly I can't remember when it was cleaned last. (Sorry poor neglected ring.)
I was relieved to find out how to make your own homemade jewelry cleaner. From what I've read you must be very careful at what solutions you use with your gemstones. For example do not use this solution on opals or pearls. Before you use this please check this site to see how to care for your gemstones.
Here's the solution I used to clean my gold and diamond ring.
1 c. warm water
1 t. ammonia
1 t. dish soap
1. Mix it together
2. Drop your ring into solution
4. Let it soak for 10 minutes
5. Scrub ring with a soft tooth brush
6. Rinse it in clean warm water.
7. Polish with jewelry cloth (I used a microfiber towel)
8. Be amazed at how shiny your ring is again!
This definitely Works for Me! Check out other tips on Wednesday over at We are That Family.