Tuesday, June 30, 2009

When you can't stand the heat enjoy this little treat!

You know it's hot when your toddler steps out the door and the first thing he says is "hot". I'm thankful for a little cooler temperatures this week, even though it's still in the 90s.

Growing up it was always such a great summer treat when our snack was Orange Julius. It's one of those things that accompany summer in my mind. Here's my recipe for this icy summer treat.

Orange Julius

1/c can frozen orange juice (6oz)
1 c. milk
½ c. water
½ c. sugar or less
1 t. vanilla
1 tray of ice cubes

Put all ingredients in blender and blend. Enjoy!

Some of my other favorite summer treats include:

Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches

Layered Popsicles (using juice, yogurt or pudding)

Frozen Fruit Salad

For more great recipes check out Summer's Best Recipes over at We Are That Family

1 comment:

I'd love to hear from you. Let me know what you think.