Friday, July 3, 2009

Frugal Family 4th of July Fun


'Tis the season to have your slept disturbed by pre-teen boys. 4th of July is upon us once again. I am so thankful for the freedoms we have in our country. Thankful that we can travel from state to state, city to city without have to stop at police/military checkpoints. I am thankful for the men and women who fought to defend our freedoms we too often take for granted. If you know someone who has served our country give them a big hug for me.

For those of you who live in Wichita I've been hearing about a fun celebration taking place in Wichita's West Bank Delano Park. I pulled this from the K-Love Website:

"Join 99.1 K-LOVE for the fantastic fourth of July celebration "Freedom 2009." a FREE way to get your families out of the house and have a FREE fun filled evening that the whole family can enjoy with Skydivers,pony ride, inflatables and popcorn, bring your blankets/lawn chairs and sit on the River Banks of Wichita while you enjoy the entertainment of Mobsters Of Light, Aaron Guthrie and the Mananatha band. We will have military honors and the big finale of awesome fireworks to end your wonderful family filled evening. The gates open at 4:45pm. Join 99.1 K-LOVE for this awesome evening on July 4th on Wichita's West Bank Delano Park."

I do say that sounds awesome. The best part is it's free. I'm not sure what food venders will be available but it sounds like a great opportunity for a picnic to me.

If you do plan on purchasing some fireworks the best day to purchase them is Saturday. Most places I have been to offer more discounts on the 4th. So if you don't really care about choosing from the best selection you might hold out until Saturday to buy your fireworks.

I hope you guys have a great safe 4th of July.
Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Let me know what you think.