Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Catching Those Fruit Flies


In our rush out the door last week I forgot to throw the ripe bananas in the freezer. We were greeted by a swarm of fruit flies when we returned. So I made my fruit fly catcher, here's what you do.

  1. Take an empty glass jar, I'm sure plastic would work too, but I've always used glass.
  2. Create a funnel with a piece of paper and trim it as needed. Place it in the jar and make sure it is a good fit.
  3. Fill your jar with water till it is about 1 inches from your funnel. Add a little dish soap and a piece of fruit.
  4. Add you funnel back on and tape it on.
  5. Sit back and watch how this magic device attracts your fruit flies.

Beautiful, this Works for Me Wednesday!

Enjoying a lot less Fruit Flies! Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Let me know what you think.