Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Look before your Leave

Mistakes happen, and they also happen while ringing up your purchases. I can't tell you how often I've had to jump into the customer service line because of an error in how things rang up. I've been charged for the wrong type of produce, charged twice for purchasing only one item or full price when the item was marked down. I try to check my receipt before I head out the door to eliminate any return trips. Inevitably when I don't check my receipt there is a problem. Just last week I purchased a baby item on clearance at Target, my toddler was hungry and we were in a hurry and I didn't check my receipt. Later that evening as I glanced at my receipt of course there was an error, I was charged full price instead of the clearance price, which forced me to make another trip to Target. Even when the error is not in my favor it's my responsibility to correct it, because it works both ways! I defiantly want to pay for what I purchase and not cheat stores out of the money due them. Most of the time they look at me like I am crazy, but they always appreciate the honesty, which helps build a healthy relationship with the stores I frequent often.

Visit WFMW for more great tips this week.
Erica

1 comment:

  1. oh my! That makes me nervous! I usually look at my receipt again, but I dont think I look that closely to find mistakes!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Let me know what you think.