Monday, September 7, 2009

Recipe Review

I found a great new way to cook a roast, the Mexican Pot Roast is the way to go! I'm usually not a fan of roast, they are palatable and an affordable cut of meat but don't care for the roast flavor, anyone with me on this one? I'm in love with this recipe, check out my modifications to transform this into a crockpot meal. It was so tender and the best part is my toddler also gobbled this up and he's not a big meat eater.

The Quick Crescent Bake was also yummy. I didn't add the chips and it tasted great, but I can see how the chips would give it a little more crunch. For all my friends abroad, this would be a great way to make a Mexican meal without going to the trouble of making tortillas. I think it would also be just as good use a thin layer of biscuits instead of crescent rolls. Two thumbs up from all members of our family for this recipe.

The Slow Cooker Ratoutille was a great way to use up some veggies and a great meatless summer meal. I did add more salt than recommended and I added dried herbs to the top of the veggies as I cooked it in the crockpot. We enjoyed this with some grated mozzarella cheese on the top and served it over some steamed brown rice. As expected my toddler wouldn't touch it. I think he has a veggie radar or something. He poked around at the rice and drank his milk, that was dinner.

The Olive Garden Fettuccine Alfredo was awesome. I added some spinach to sneak in some additional veggies and for the first time in a long time my toddler gobbled it up the spinach too. I took a chance and used reduced fat cream cheese and it turned out fine. Word to the wise wait until your noddles are just about finished to start your sauce, this recipe cooks fast. Loving adding this new quick meal to the the mix.

The Zucchini Crisp was better than I anticipated and my toddler actually ate a piece of zucchini, he was enticed to try it by the blueberries, but he the boy ate zucchini. Let me pause to remember such monumental moment. If I make it again I'd cut the zucchini into smaller pieces to resemble sliced apples and I'd use all the crisp topping for the top. I'm not a big fan of mushy crust and the juice made the crust very mushy. It was great with a little dollop of ice cream on top too.

Those are all the new recipes I got to this past week and I think I found some winners. Thanks for all the fabulous people who I've linked up to. Our family enjoyed your recipes. Thanks for sharing.

Erica

1 comment:

  1. I'm stopping by from MPM... Thanks for the recipe reviews! I'll have to try the roast soon! I have two in the freezer now!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Let me know what you think.