Thursday, September 24, 2009

Recipe Review

I only have a few recipe reviews for you this week, since our life got a little hectic I haven't been in the kitchen as regularly trying new recipes. For the most part all of the recipes I tried were winners.

Grilled Pizza! YUM. My husband and I had a blast tag teaming this dish (It really takes a couple of people). It seriously reminded us of Pide, turkish pizza. We loved it. The first batch burned, but then we lessened the length of time we needed to cook them. We were using a charcoal grill and it was very hot, we also weren't able to close the lid as the recipe suggests because we found this led to the pizzas burning.

We also used the suggestion other had made about this recipe and placed the shaped dough in the freezer for 10 minutes before putting it on the grill and this helped a lot. it was much easier to work with this way. We seriously had all the pizzas finished in 10 minutes and it made a lot of pizzas (I think around 8). This will certainly be a fun summer dish in our house.

Kristie's Magically Moist Chicken got the approval of both my husband and myself. I really loved this meal because my husband made it, all I did was lay out the recipe. I did forget to mention to my husband that our oven heats up much hotter than normal so it was a little drier than I think it would have been if we would have lowered the heat a bit. But I was impressed, who would have thought of combining mayo and spaghetti sauce? Chicken Breast is very hard for me to keep moist and I like the idea of coating it in something to keep the juices in.

The Blueberry Overnight Coffecake was a great change in the breakfast pace in our house. I don't think I've made coffeecake for breakfast since our first year of marriage. Since it had blueberries it was a big winner in my son's eyes.

There you have it. A big thanks to those who originally posted them. Our family loved trying them and I hope you do too.

Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Let me know what you think.