My dad makes the best ham, I cannot wait until Sunday for one of my favorite meals in the world. Since ham is often out of our price range this meal is quite a treat. This is definately worth the labor of watching the clock to cook it.
1 good quality, whole, bone-in ham (NO WATER ADDED, our family loves Fanestil Hams)
3/4 -1 t. dry mustard
1 8 oz. can sliced pineapple, drained but save the juice
1/2 c. brown sugar
1. Place ham in pan, fat side up and bake in a 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes.
2. Remove ham from oven and pull of the hide (if ham has one), then score the fat side into diamonds and put in cloves at the points of the diamonds. Bake the ham for 60 minutes.
3. Mix brown sugar, dry mustard and pineapple juice. Baste ham with mixture and bake for another 30 minutes.
4. Remove ham and baste again. Place the pineapple slices on the ham and bake another 20-30 minutes.
5. Remove ham from oven and let it rest for 10-30 minutes before slicing.
For other great recipes check out the Recipe Swap on Friday over at Grocery Cart Challenge.