Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Cheaper Ink

Wow is a replacement ink cartridge expensive or what! I always cringed when the levels on our printer ink were running low because I knew I needed to replace them soon, which meant spending an extra $20 for a black cartridge and close to $30 for a color cartridge.

Then I discovered refillable ink. I didn't know of anyone who used refillable ink so I didn't know what I was getting into, but since the price was half as much as a new one I decided to try. With coupon in hand I headed over to Cartridge World. Everyone was so friendly and they even set me up with a punch card so I could earn a free refill after I refilled 9 times. How beautiful, plus the total for a refill of a color and a black refill was less than what I would have paid for a new cartridge.
I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of ink and I have not noticed a difference for the printing we do. We have done a lot recently including packaging materials for my Etsy Shop and everything has turned out the color and brightness I've wanted.

Refillable ink has won me over. Not only do we save money, but you we are reusing materials that would other wise end up in the landfill. This is the store I have used and you can find out through their site where the closest location is near you. I know there are others out there but this one just happens to be the closest and most convenient to us.

Happy Savings!
Erica
For more great ideas this week check out WFMW's home.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip! I have wanted to try this for a while now, but I think next time I will actually do it! Sounds like a great savings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip. I have a Cartridge World very close to me and I need a refill on my color ink so I'm going to check them out.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Let me know what you think.