Friday, August 7, 2009

Frugal Family Fun

I heard about this event taking place at Sedgwick County park on the radio this morning and thought I'd pass it on to you today:

Children’s Mental Health Day Saturday August 8th!
Hosted by The KU School of Medicine-Wichita Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences department
Saturday, August 8, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Sedgwick County Park, 6501 W. 21st North
to help raise awareness about mental health issues affecting children.

The event is free with a suggested donation of $3 for adults and $1 for children and there will be
moonwalks, dunk tanks featuring area school leaders, a fire truck to keep everyone cool, balloon animal demonstrations, face painting, various contests, and more.

What a great way to support an area that often receives little attention. Since my background is in Early Childhood Special Ed I know there are a lot of needs that the public is often unaware of.

So if you're scratching your head about what to do this weekend. Why not stop by.

Happy Friday!
Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Let me know what you think.