- BBQ Chicken and Rice
- Chicken Chimichangas
- Chili Kolaches
- Sweet and Sour Pork (I had planned on making chicken but I bought a smaller chicken)
- Taco Meat
This took me around 2 1/2 hours to complete all 6 of these meals as well as kitchen clean up. Go here to find the recipes for all of the recipes with the execption of tacos (just follow your packet's instructions.)
Some tips to making this event go well include:
- Pre-chop onions/veggies needed.
- Make sure you thaw your meat ahead of time.
- Cook a whole chicken in the crockpot a day before your marathon and I de-boned it. Refrigerate your cooked chicken so it is ready to be added to your recipes.
- Shred cheese if using block cheese ahead of time.
- Start with a clean kitchen, empty sink and dishwasher. You'll have a lot of dishes to do at the end and it's much better when these are the only ones you must tackle.
- Cook when you have uninterrupted time. The best times for me are evenings after little man is in bed.