Thursday, May 14, 2009

Green Bean Tator Tot Crockpot Casserole

This is definitely comfort food. I haven't made Tator Tot Casserole in years and when I was flipping through the pages of Fix it and Forget it and I saw that this version had green beans I thought it was worth making, and I'm glad I did. Yum.

Green Bean Tator Tot Crockpot Casserole $5.87
1 lb. ground beef (I always use 3/4 lb) 1.99-1.50
1/2 t. salt .01
1/4 t. pepper .01
1 onion chopped .15
1 lb. bag frozen string beans 1.49
1 can cream of mushroom soup .49
1 c. shredded cheese .43
1 -21 oz. bag tator tots or equivalent in raw shredded potatoes 1.79

1. Crumble raw ground beef in bottom of slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

2. Layer remaining ingredients on beef in order they appear in ingredient list.

3.Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce heat to low and cook for 3 hours.

Enjoy!
Erica

For other great recipes check out the recipe swap Friday over at Grocery Cart Challenge.

1 comment:

  1. interesting I just made this but with corn will have to try it with the green beans

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Let me know what you think.